Saturday, November 6, 2010

I Have a Problem

The following letters are taken from a British Newspaper, two teenagers have serious problems and hope to get some useful suggestions. What do you think, can you help them?

I am scared of all sorts of things

Ever since I can remember, I have been scared of all sorts of things and I can't shake it off.
I'm 18 and I know all teenagers have problems but this is eating away at me and nothing anyone says seems to make an ounce of difference.
I am scared of swine flu, global warming, nuclear war and almost anything else. When a plane goes by, the noise makes me think that Yellowstone is erupting or it's the apocalypse.
I have talked to my mum and she just tells me to stop worrying.
I have a boyfriend in America. We met online and I'm terrified that he will die before I ever get a chance to see him. That's another downside to overseas relationships.
My fears are enveloping me now. I know people will think that I'm just paranoid but I think I'm justified in worrying about those I love.
Please help me,
Fragile



My brother has a secret debt- to a drug dealer

I am starting to hate coming home because I feel invisible. Everything revolves around my big brother even though he treats my mum badly.
I'm 19 and at college, so it's an important stage in my life. I don't get any support from my mum because she is so busy with my brother.
He is 21. He has got into debt with a drug dealer. He has been diagnosed with depression and my mum thinks it is because he can't get any work, but I know the truth which is that he smokes a lot of weed.
He still lives at home. He has never been able to control his money and is always asking my mum for it and this is putting her in debt.
For as long as I can remember he has been horrible to her and on more than one occasion has made her cry.
My mum complains to me about it because she doesn't know what to do. When I suggest she talks to my dad (they're divorced) or just lets my brother figure it out for himself because he has to learn, she brushes it aside.
She says he won't talk to his dad because he doesn't see him as his dad. She says she is the only one my brother can turn to, but I feel this is his own fault because he doesn't see any of our family.
I know my mum can't take much more but if I get involved at all my brother threatens me so I'm stuck.
Whenever I need my mum she is too busy with my brother. I am not jealous but I am fed up with being ignored.
I'm beginning to feel I can't go home sober any more as I can't cope with hearing about what my brother has done next and my mother complaining about it.
What should I do?
Desperate Brother

13 comments:

  1. Desperate Brother,
    Try to understand your brother. He has some depression problems but you know they are not permanent. You should help your brother with your mum. Don't be a small child and try to behave like an adult. You can live without your mum's concern. It will take time to recover your brother but be more patient please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fragile has to be calm and clear her head.Thinking in a positive way is the key point.She has to stop thinking bad things like if i could ever see my boyfriend again..She can think everything but in a positive way like " What can we do when i see my bf again"..Control your worries Fragile and enjoy your life with those people who you are worrying about all the time.
    (sorry for grammer mistakes,i felt too tired and little bit sick when i wrote this :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Zehra and Can, thank you for the suggestions. Can you have a good command of English, so don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should go to a psychologist :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fragile,
    Firstly,you should go to the mirror and you have to look !!!what can you see?? you will see a person who is 18 years old and nice girl. dont think the worlds issues. These arent your job . you should go with friends out , should go night club on all saturdays ,drink somethings.. don t forget you are young and you will never be again young,so do everything,
    Last but not least, don t sorry your family
    and leave with your boyfriend. thr boyfriend must be near with you ,if he lives far away,this relationship can not continue....find a new one '!'!'!'!'!'!'!'!' ı have one suggestion for you if you like him ,add:):):):http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/profile.php?id=595138220

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey fragile! You should ask for help of a prossional.Except a doctor,everbody will tell the same things like your mother.Your paranoia does not mean that you are not followed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hocam insan biraz teşvik eder hakan çok iii very good falan filan öle olmayınca hevesim kırılıyo:!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hakan, your comments are greatttttttt, you should have studied Psychology instead of Business! And you are very kind you try to find a girlfriend for your friends :) Thank you for your contributions I really appreciate your suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aytaç, thanks for your invaluable support, but try to write shorter next time, I have lots of things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melis, I like your style, you are so direct.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually when people live alone, they are affected from this loneliness. when we look at the this young person who is called Fragile, she is living alone. Because She has not any support of her mum. Support of parents is important.It is foundation stone of our psychological health. Fragile has lack of support of parents. So to fulfill this situation she should take up hobbies like planting tree :D designing websites or searching the truth.But she have to focus on these hobbies on the contrary she will continue these thoughts above or something like those.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is a psychological problem. You should talk with your mother at first,then you both go to the doctor to get some help. Actually, your problems are because of your loneliness. You should find new friends and try to be together with your loved ones. YOu can forget your problems when you are busy. You should find new actions to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think Fragile is paranoid and ıf she loves him, she can easily find away to go to America..

    ReplyDelete